You Won't Believe How Irresistible this Immune-Boosting Fro-yo is!By Dr Dunner October 18, 2018
Be nice to your body and your taste buds! October is a delightful month for treats, but not if cold and flu season is playing tricks on you.
Antiviral and antibacterial properties of elderberry and elderflower are a delicious way to prepare for seasonal immune challenges. This dessert is packed with antioxidants to sustainably support tissue repair, and high in bioflavonoids to battle the sniffles. Get your daily dose of herbal immune support — all in the smooth, creamy goodness of fro-yo.
Though this frozen yogurt tastes indulgent, its light, all-natural ingredients keep it healthy and low-calorie. We recommend Greek yogurt for its thickness and protein density, but other yogurts work too. The slight tartness of the yogurt balances the complex, fruity sweetness of elderberry and strawberry — for a heavenly and low-calorie dessert.
To make this recipe vegan, substitute agave nectar for honey and include a vegan yogurt alternative such as coconut yogurt.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (or vegan alternative)
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Sambu
1. In a food processor (preferred) or blender, combine all ingredients.
2. Process 2-3 minutes in a food processor or in a blender until the texture is creamy. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the container to ensure all contents are blended.
3. Transfer the blend to an airtight container for freezing. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
4. Top with fresh berries or your favorite frozen yogurt toppings and enjoy! This recipe can be stored well in the freezer for up to a month.